15 December 2006

Out in the cold

Which late-blooming soprano, hailed as a savior only last season, has now been stripped of her "prima donna" status? Who knew the winter would come so soon?

79 comments:

Anonymous said...

could this be someone who we unexpectedly heard on a met broadcast?

OperaGuyNY said...

Erika Sunnegardh

Anonymous said...

a little more please, Cieca Cara...

Anonymous said...

I think we've got it right operaguyny, but why???? more please... anything to get my mind off Scalagna.

OperaGuyNY said...

Though she's singing Turandot this spring (unless things have changed). My guess is that it has more to do with it being Volpe's coup, and now that Gelb is at the helm she's been relegated.

Baritenor said...

Gotta be Sunngardh.

She was Uncle Joe's baby, and since he's out and she failed the test, she's out on her ass. We can be sure that unless she pulls off a few Miraculous Turandots, they'll be the last we'll here of her. Die Königin ist tot, lang lebend die Königin. (And no, I have no idea who the new queen is.)

Anonymous said...

But that's silly - who's to say she won't pull off a few great Turandots? Stranger things have happened - it sounds like she got the axe...

Anonymous said...

And she just did first lady there. Maybe in some coachings for the Turandot they decided she wasn't ready????? Ok, I REALLY need more information Cieca Cherie..

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Sunnegardh is still listed on the Met website for 5 Turandots this spring. I understand she's really good as the First Lady. More info, please?

Anonymous said...

Sunnegardh is out as First Lady in the Met's Flute, I would guess. It didn't seem like a "blending" voice to me but I expect Uncle Joe forced them to give her a contract after her HUGE success last year in the Times and in his head. Maybe Susanna Glanville has some spare time in her schedule?

Anonymous said...

Of course... "Prima Donna", erste dame... Oy. Tricky, tricky...

Anonymous said...

what a clever little MINX you are my dear Cieca!! Sexy!!

Anonymous said...

I have also met ES and she IS a lovely person. Intelligent, open, curious. I am SO CURIOUS to know what has happened!!! Maybe it's not all bad??? Maybe it's, as someone suggested, that she is not ensemble-y enough?? PLEASE tell us more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gualthier Malde - Was Susuannah Glanville actually not sick?? I thought she was replaced due to illness. Was that not entirely true information?

OperaGuyNY said...

La Cieca you HAVE outdone yourself on this one! Great clues, most of which I didn't initially get. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

As of 10 this morning the poster outside the Met now lists Claudia Waite as First Lady for the remaining performances of Zauberflote. The Met website still includes Sunnegardh's Turandot.

Hard to imagine that Ms. Waite's voice would blend better than Sunnegardh's.

Anonymous said...

Claudia Waite is a great artist though!! Not to take anything away from Ms. Sunnegardh, and while I agree with you that her voice may not be much of a "blender", holy COW can she sing!! Truly.

Anonymous said...

gtl9IP write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Clap on! , Clap off! clap@#&$NO CARRIER

Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.